Re: Where was the discussion of GNOME 3 shipping as the default desktop?
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 05:30:16 -0500
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Where was the discussion of GNOME 3 shipping as the default desktop?
On 10/16/2018 05:58 PM, Austin LaBerta wrote:
Apologies for the baity title but its very literal.
where was it? Google is giving me very poor results, I assume it was
done over mailing list but I'm not even sure where to start lookin.
I can't come close to answering the subject line.
However, maybe I can help with "where to start looking."
My method of attack [which you likely have done some of] would include:
1. In which release was Gnome3 made the default.
2. Look for the release announcement. [establish a late date for
3. I suspect that searching for the _opening_ of a bug report about
Gnome might be useful.
4. As the development of MATE was a reaction to the development of
Gnome3, look for a spike in the discussion of MATE on _Debian_
HTH YMMV ;/