Where was the discussion of GNOME 3 shipping as the default desktop?
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:58:26 -0500
- From: Austin LaBerta <oct2pus@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Where was the discussion of GNOME 3 shipping as the default desktop?
Apologies for the baity title but its very literal.
where was it? Google is giving me very poor results, I assume it was done over mailing list but I'm not even sure where to start lookin. All I can figure was that it was sometime around Jessie and that XFCE was the previous desktop. I'm not SUPER interested in Debating why it should/should not be (and i'd advice starting another thread for that if you want to shout about how much you hate/love GNOME), I just wanted to see the reasoning behind the decision.
- Prev by Date: Re: apache2: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Permission denied
- Next by Date: Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd
- Previous by thread: re: what are the differences between systemd and other linux distros?
- Next by thread: Re: Where was the discussion of GNOME 3 shipping as the default desktop?