Re: disk encryption causing kernel panic
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 06:23:54 +0300
- From: Reco <recoverym4n@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: disk encryption causing kernel panic
On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 01:32:31PM -0700, Bill wrote:
> I successfully enter the password for md2 and then don't even see the request for md8_crypt (ie a prompt for input) but get the following
> (condensed) output below.
The most interesting part of those kernel BUGs are stack traces.
The only useful things that I can see in your abridged dmesg are:
1) You're using an old kernel. The current one's called 4.9.0-8.
2) The problem seems to be related to the swap - it's swapper/0 that's
triggering the bug.
3) There are multiple CPUs/CPU cores/CPU threads there.
But stack trace is needed to proceed further.