Web lists-archives.com

Re: Which is the best open source ecommerce platform?

On 2018-09-26, <tomas@xxxxxxxxxx> <tomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 01:57:14PM +0000, Curt wrote:
>> On 2018-09-26, John Hasler <jhasler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Look at ledgersmb:
>> >

>> I looked briefly but remained unconvinced this is an ecommerce platform.
>
> It is an accounting application, aka ledger (surprise!)
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LedgerSMB
>
> I think the "usual" meaning of e-commerce (or ecommerce, as the OP
> put it) is different from that.

Righto.

Now, listen up, Tom, here's what we got so far:

A guy from Singapore asks what's the best open source e-commerce platform
around.

You start by telling him not to call it open source. Hasler suggests
accounting software. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernstein piped up
soon to inform us the whole deal smells suspiciously like Eichmann's
testimony at Nuremberg.

Nothing gets past you guys.

--
“An oak is a tree. A rose is a flower. A deer is an animal. A sparrow is a
bird. Russia is our fatherland. Death is inevitable.” Russian school book.