Web lists-archives.com

Re: screensaver and sundries questions

On 9/24/18, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have been using xscreensaver for quite some time and found it to be
> quite useful (on debian 10 using lxde). Present thinking seems to be
> that a screen locker must be included. As I have my equipment in a
> home office, with almost no access to others I prefer to not have to
> use a password every time I access my machines after a hiatus in use.
> So I remove the screen locker but I cannot seem to have the screen not
> only blank but to shut down. I have checked my settings and they are
> the same as when it worked, previous installs but perhaps there are
> some more 'current' conditions that are causing the screen blanking
> and shutoff to be inhibited. Any ideas as to what to
> set/change/modify?

Hi.. I can't speak for every setup, but for mine, there's at least 2
ways to *try* to address things like power saving. Maybe there's a
secondary place in your setup where you can change things like the
amount of time before the screen blanks, etc. Mine is found under:

Applications (menu via ALT+F1 in Xfce4) > Settings > Power Manager

PS I use a screen locker even though I'm in similar circumstances.
It's just... "comforting" to know it would be that much harder for
someone to mess with my shtuff if they ever came in behind my back. :)

Good luck!

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey