Web lists-archives.com

Re: cannot open display: localhost:0.0

On 9/23/18 10:30 AM, Étienne Mollier wrote:
On 9/23/18 1:48 PM, Grzegorz Sójka wrote:
Hi there,

I need to allow remote applications to connect to xorg. Since I log in using lxdm i have tcp_listen=1 in /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf. Thus Xorg is running without -nolisten tcp flag. Unfortunately:

$ xhost +localhost; DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 xterm
localhost being added to access control list
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:0.0

Any suggestions??

Maybe try:

	xhost +LOCAL:
	DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 xterm

It does not work:

# xhost +LOCAL; DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 xterm
xhost:  bad hostname "LOCAL"
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:0.0

Please note that I need to connect also from remote hosts. I used localhost just for testing.

Regards