Web lists-archives.com

Re: Why does Debian allow all incoming traffic by default

Hi Pablo,

On 21/09/18 9:50 PM, Pablo Álvarez Córdoba wrote:

I do not know, but:
- By default there are no services listening (except in 127.0.0.1)
- A server is usually behind a router/firewall
- It is better that each user configure their system as they want, instead of having default values. Although it would be nice if the installer warns you that by default iptables does not have any rules.

Exactly my point. I don't mind configuring the firewall for myself but I do like to be warned about the defaults when the default policies are not much strict.

Thanks,
Subhadip