Re: [OT] Best (o better than yahoo) mail provider for malinglists
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 09:28:15 +1000
- From: Ben Finney <bignose@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [OT] Best (o better than yahoo) mail provider for malinglists
Francesco Porro <frapox@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that I dont't want to run a mail server by
> Only *free* mail services, please.
In that case, I recommend against all such services.
The cost of running a mail server that anyone can join for no fee,
practically requires that the operators must make lots of money
exploiting the email users.
So your options are:
* Pay for the valuable service of running an email system, with you as
the customer, and with a direct interest in not screwing you over.
* Find someone you trust to never screw you over (maybe this is
yourself), and get that person to put in lots of time and expertise
operating a mail system indefinitely for you.
* Use a zero-fee email service that is practically guaranteed to exploit
its users in many ways.
I strongly recommend against the third option.
\ “I got an answering machine for my phone. Now when someone |
`\ calls me up and I'm not home, they get a recording of a busy |
_o__) signal.” —Steven Wright |