Web lists-archives.com

Swap priority in Debian

Hi,

I am a Debian testing user. Recently I am experiencing freezing on my Debian system intermittently and during troubleshooting the same, I found out that the I have a swap partition with priority set to -2. But according to the below manpage:

https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/mount/swapon.8.en.html

swap priority should be between -1 and 32767. I have a swappiness value of 60 but I don't remember seeing the swap being used at all recently, the used swap is always 0%.

My question is, do you think that the -2 priority is stopping the swap partition from actually being used and because of that, the system is getting frozen when the memory usage is high?

Thanks,
Subhadip