Re: Data Recovery
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:36:20AM -0500, Josh W. wrote:
> Hello World of Debian,
> I was trying to setup a shared folder between my Debian Stretch
> system and my Raspberry Pi. I had created an "/export & /export/users
> directory" and had bound it to my "/home/users" directory. I had given up
> on the idea of sharing between the two OSes, because i was frustated and
> deleted my "/export/users" directory not thinking that it was still bound
> to my "/home/users" directory. When i deleted the "/export/users" directory
> it took my "/home/users" directory with it. So my question is, How can i
> recovery the lost data. What would be the best route to take in order to
> recover my personal files? Your help is Very Much Needed!
1) Immediately shut down Raspberry Pi.
2) Make block-level image copy of SD card. Do not do the following on SD
3) Mount a filesystem from said copy on a Debian PC (can be substituted
with any GNU/Linux PC).
4) Install testdisk on a Debian PC.
5) Run photorec as root on a filesystem from pt 3.
6) Consider doing regular filesystem backups in the future, preferably