Lenovo Yoga 920 - debian installer goes black
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 10:23:44 +0800
- From: Frederik Vanrenterghem <frederik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Lenovo Yoga 920 - debian installer goes black
I'm trying to install the latest weekly build debian-installer netinstall image on a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with the non-free drivers - same result as the official build). I also tried the latest stable for good measure.
The initial screen (Debian UEFI installer menu) displays. It's possible to go to Grub too.
As soon as I select either graphical install or install, the screen backlight seems to go off / the screen goes black.
The Ubuntu installer does not have this problem. Is there a way to modify the ubuntu installer to initiate the debian installer for instance? (I've seen reports of Fedora installing on this laptop too.)
- Prev by Date: Re: Prevent Linux kernel from logging segfaults of user processes
- Next by Date: Re: Update on my update problem with gnome system.
- Previous by thread: upgrade to X 1.20.0 broken
- Next by thread: Re: Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - debian installer goes black