Web lists-archives.com

Re: File managers show files and directories in reverse order.........

Charlie S wrote:
> It must be an idiosyncrasy of FVWM, that it doesn't show that little
> spin control there?
>
> I just tried it again in both programs to be certain. There is nothing
> there, and no matter what I point and click on, there is nothing that
> will change the order of the directories and files.

Well, here's a screenshot of the 'Open' dialog of Kate in FVWM in Stretch.
I put a red line around the clickable area.
https://s15.postimg.cc/bav2blkq3/kate.jpg
If you have something different, then the reason for that is beyond me.
But as far as I'm aware of, it has nothing to do with file managers.