Re: Installing Debian on a Minnowboard Turbot with installer on USB stick?
- Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 13:50:34 +0200
- From: didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Installing Debian on a Minnowboard Turbot with installer on USB stick?
Le 27/05/2018 à 12:28, Rick Thomas a écrit :
> Thanks! Yes, that confirmed what I had mostly already found by experimentation.
> What it didn’t explain was why the same .iso (specifically, firmware-buster-DI-alpha2-amd64-DVD-1.iso) when I burn it to a DVD-R and load the disk into a DVD drive that is plugged into the USB slot on the Turbot, will boot into the installer just fine… But when I dd that same .iso onto a USB stick, then plug the stick into the USB slot on the Turbot, will not be recognized as a bootable medium.
- your installer seems an alpha, I would first try with a more robust
- Does your USB stick only fail to boot automatically or does it also
fail to boot when you select it as the boot medium in the UEFI boot
> I’m puzzled… Have you tried to boot the installer from a USB stick on a Turbot? Or did you always use a physical DVD drive? What’s the difference between them that causes one to boot and the other to be ignored?
I am sorry if I gave you the false impression that I own or have used
this hardware: that is not the case...