Re: adb broken in buster?
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 10:56:17 +1200
- From: Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: adb broken in buster?
On 25/05/18 09:36, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
on a buster system, I have trouble with adb and my Nexus 5X:
rd@b370:~$ adb shell
error: insufficient permissions for device: verify udev rules.
See [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html] for more information.
On the referenced website, I understand that I need to be in group plugdev
(this is the case).
rd adm dialout fax cdrom floppy sudo dip video plugdev users lpadmin scanner
is that a known issue? If yes, any hint is welcome ...
adb works with my Nexus 5X on sid over USB:
$ adb devices -l
List of devices attached
[serial] device usb:1-9 product:bullhead model:Nexus_5X
$ adb shell
- Are you connecting over USB?
- What is the output of "adb devices -l"?
- Were you in group plugdev at the time the adb server was started? If
not, please run "adb kill-server" and try again.
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Transient Software Limited <https://transient.nz/>