Re: Update on my update problem with gnome system.
- Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 03:22:19 +0300
- From: Abdullah Ramazanoğlu <ar018@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Update on my update problem with gnome system.
On Sat, 19 May 2018 21:27:42 +0300 Abdullah Ramazanoğlu said:
> On Sat, 19 May 2018 10:37:08 -0400 Matthew Dyer said:
>> root@matt-the-cat:/home/matthew# apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
>> Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates InRelease
>> Hit:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing InRelease
>> Reading package lists... Done
> It seems to be the "apt-get update" part of output, which is curiously terse.
> If update is not working, then upgrade will neither work, naturally. Just to
> be sure that "update" output is not trimmed somehow, could you run the command
> below and attach the generated "update.log" file here?
> # apt-get update 2>&1 | tee update.log
> It would be better if you also attach /etc/apt/sources.list
While it is early yet to speculate, I would also check;
* /etc/apt/sources.list : This file should be same as the one in MATE
* /etc/apt/preferences : This file should not exist.
* /etc/apt/preferences.d/ : This directory should be empty.
* /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ : This directory should be empty.
* /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ : This directory should not have been tampered with.
* /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99synaptic : This file either should not exist, or should
I would have compared these files and directories to the ones in the MATE