Re: UEFI/"BIOS" booting
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 00:10:25 +0200
- From: Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: UEFI/"BIOS" booting
Le 15/05/2018 à 08:51, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :
- Boot flag on MBR partition of type 0xEE is bad on several EFI
- No MBR partition with boot flag is bad on some very few BIOS
Not so few in my experience.
- Compromise is to set the boot flag on a dummy partition of type 0x00.
This is barely UEFI-compliant because the specs say that a partition of
type 0x00 shall be regarded as non-existent.
I never thought about this. It may be a workaround with my old UEFI
motherboard. Thanks for the tip, I will try it and report.