Web lists-archives.com

Re: THANK YOU - was {Re: Documentation of "history" command}

On Fri 11 May 2018 at 07:40:44 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 05/11/2018 06:50 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >When I search man-pages.debian.org I get only a page in Chinese(?).
> >The best hit I get doing a web search is
> >  [http://www.tldp.org/LDP/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary/html/x1712.htm]
> >There is a plethora questions/answers, but too narrowly focused.
> >They do display it's potential power.
> >
> The reading assignments given should keep me out of mischief.
> I had missed the ramifications of it being a "built-in"
> Thanks again.

You can also peruse all the builtins in one place with   man builtins
though  man bash  obviously contains a lot more about the use of
history in general.

PS Do distinguish between the history list and the history file.
This tripped up somebody here in January.

Cheers,
David.