Problem with Firefox Quantum v-650.0
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 11:07:43 -0400
- From: "Stephen P. Molnar" <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Problem with Firefox Quantum v-650.0
I've encountered a strange problem with the latest release of Firefox Quantum v-60.0.
Up to this point the previous versions, the 59.x.x, series had been very happily residing in /opt/firefox. I uncompressed the downlo9aded file as a user and thee copied the firefox directory tree as root
I did the upgrade exactly the same way, but now when I try opening firefox I get:
comp@AbNormal:/opt/firefox$ ./firefox XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /opt/firefox/libnspr4.so:/opt/firefox/libnspr4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load XPCOM.What I find really puzzling is that I can run the new version in my user directory tree without any problems.
What is going on here? Thanks in advance. -- Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Consultant www.molecular-modeling.net (614)312-7528 (c) Skype: smolnar1
- Prev by Date: Re: Running of rrequested tests - [was Re: Backup problem using "cp"]
- Next by Date: Re: STRANGE problem reaching https://manpages.debian.org/
- Previous by thread: STRANGE problem reaching https://manpages.debian.org/
- Next by thread: Re: Problem with Firefox Quantum v-650.0