Web lists-archives.com

Re: Debian glossary?

On 04/30/2018 08:38 AM, rhkramer@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Monday, April 30, 2018 09:06:09 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]
A partial solution might include "Summer of Documentation" projects
along side of "Summer of Code".

Yes, or encouraging people to contribute to HowTos, wikis, the Linux
Documentation Project (which seems rather moribund at this point), and such.

BTW, write to google--you might get them interested in a SOD project--or some
other "flush" organization--maybe Amazon??

I avoid Google!

Having a strong preference for brick-n-mortar I've never had any contact with Amazon. Do they have any history of involvement in tech issues?

On a mailing list of an Oregon LUG, I once suggested that high school English teachers include tech writing as a possible assignment. Back in my day shop classes (woodworking, metal shop, auto mechanics) were used as motivation to stay in school - education being the desired side effect. Students today are fascinated with computers - a similar approach might be worthwhile. Also students with writing talent might be attracted to tech writing.