Re: Using debootstrap
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 05:37:03 -0500
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Using debootstrap
On 04/26/2018 02:39 PM, Felix Dietrich wrote:
deloptes <deloptes@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
its better you give example in such case
debootstrap [OPTION...] stable /mypath/to/target/installation file:///DVD1
this is how I understand it, correct if I'm wrong
Almost: as has been stated elsewhere in this thread, at least according
to Appendix D of the Debian Installation Guide  you may provide a
„file://” URL to the debian/ directory below the mount point of the disc
for the MIRROR parameter, e.g.: file:///cdrom/debian/
Admittedly, I have not to tested either this or your variant.
Apparently file:////media/cdrom0/debian/ work.
I say "apparently" because:
1. I get no "file not found" messages.
2. I have some undiagnosed problems using debootstrap.