Re: Using debootstrap
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:24:53 -0500
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Using debootstrap
On 04/25/2018 10:47 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 06:45:32PM +0300, Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:19:13 -0500 Richard Owlett said:
I have two questions:
1. What should replace "????" as I'll be using DVD1 of Debian 9.1.0
as my "repository"?
2. As I expect the console display may exceed the scroll back limits,
I wish to pipe the console display for later reference without
impeding answering any prompts I get. I've seen a description for
doing that, but I can't remember it. Pointers?
No idea about (1), but for (2) you can use this:
~# command 2>&1 | tee command.log
With "tee" you create/squash the output file anew. With "tee -a" you append to
Or run the commands inside a screen(1) session. That's what the release
notes advise for distribution upgrades.
I've just browsed the first few paragraphs of the man page.
It looks fascinating. Will have to experiment.