Re: Using debootstrap
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:21:21 -0500
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Using debootstrap
On 04/25/2018 10:12 AM, Henning Follmann wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 09:19:13AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
My goal is a very minimalist install to a flash drive. It will NOT have GRUB
- GRUB on this machine is on a dedicated partition for convenience in some
of my experiments.
From reading several references I believe my command should be:
debootstrap --arch=i386 --include=apt-get --variant=minbase --no-check-gpg
--print-debs --keep-debootstrap-dir stable /media/richard/rco
I have two questions:
1. What should replace "????" as I'll be using DVD1 of Debian 9.1.0
as my "repository"?
2. As I expect the console display may exceed the scroll back limits,
I wish to pipe the console display for later reference without
impeding answering any prompts I get. I've seen a description for
doing that, but I can't remember it. Pointers?
I'll copy the synopsys for you(r lazy ...) here
debootstrap [OPTION...] SUITE TARGET [MIRROR [SCRIPT]]
after stable you provide the target (your usb stick)
Two problems with with your answer <grin>
1. the man page was one of my half-dozen references.
2. you answered neither of my questions.