Re: RME Hammerfall / VLC
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 11:20:20 -0400
- From: Dan Ritter <dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: RME Hammerfall / VLC
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 09:24:30PM +0000, Glenn English wrote:
> Debian Buster, RME Hammerfall soundcard, VLC 3.0.1
> Already looked at the VLC site and found nothing useful, so I whine to
> the audio gurus on this list.
> Audacity works fine playing mp3s and flacs (meters bounce, sound in
> the headphones). But VLC is dead (nothing, and the VLC site suggests
> that I go to menu items that don't exist. But my card is in VLC's list
> of cards (audio->audio device)).
> Does anyone in this list know what may be going on?
If VLC can see the card, then it's not VLC's fault.
1. Wrong output selected. (Especially common: HDMI vs analog
2. pavucontrol has muted your output.
3. physical cable issue, including plugging into a mic jack instead of
the headphone jack, and many similar variations.