Re: how to view config file changes without running an upgrade?
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:53:42 +0100
- From: Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: how to view config file changes without running an upgrade?
PS: Please note that there are 2 "branches" of config
file we work with:
- the "orig" config files included in the *.deb file
- the local config files active on the server
Both branches might change over time, so manually backing
up a config file to *.orig at first time modification
doesn't really help. Its easy to forget, and the *.orig
file is not maintained during package upgrades.