Web lists-archives.com

PAE or not PAE?

Hi folks,

as I have still trouble with restore after suspend-to-disk, I read, that this issue was gone with a kernel with non pae.

This brings the following question:

MUST I use (or is it RECOMMENDED?) a kernel with PAE in my system?

My system:

CPU N280 (with PAE usable)

32-Bit operating system (debian/testing)

Do I have any advantages or disadvantages by using a PAE-Kernel or NON-PAE-kernel? I will never be able to use more than 2 GB RAM, as this EEEPC got only one RAM slot (I never saw a single DDR2 4 GB RAM-module, just 2 GB).

Thanks for the hint.

P.S. For Gene Haskett: I tried a NON-PAE kernel on my EEEPC - did not boot (just an idea....)