Web lists-archives.com

Re: (solved) Re: wireless fail after stretch installation

Bash has some ability to handle hex. I don't know that it can convert a string into hex though. If wpa_passphrase gets included it may be possible for the installation script to strip the wpa_psk line out and turn the psk value into hex and replace it in the /etc/network/interfaces file it creates for wifi users. I can understand not wanting to leave an /etc/network/interfaces file on a newly installed system without a secured passphrase though.