Web lists-archives.com

Re: WTF does Firefox 58?

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 22:26:39 +0200
"Michelle Konzack" <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yesterday I was working on the website
> <https://www.miila-mahe-aed.eu/animals/dogs.html>
> and if I reload the page, Firefox is prefetching ALL HTML5 Videos!,
> mean 900 MByte!
> WTF is this?

One of the dumbest features modern browsers have integrated for some
> Prefetching videos without user knowledge is just terrorism!
> ...and there is no possibility in Firesuck to stop this.

Setting network.prefetch-next to false seems to be the first result on
looking up, but I presume that failed.

There may be something working along the lines of media.autoplay.enabled
or other "media." options. If those don't work nor anything in
you might need to disable video support. All of it. Yeah, it sucks.
> Thanks in advance

Good luck.