Problems with wget
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 06:40:02 -0600
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Problems with wget
I'm attempting to download a site which is an instruction manual.
Its URL is of the form
That page has several lines whose target URLs are of form
I wish a single HTML file consisting of all the pages of the site.
Where <http://example.com/index.html> points to
<http://example.com/pageN.html> I wish my local file to have appropriate
There are references of form
which I do not wish to download.
wget -l 2 -O owl.html ‐‐no-parent http://example.com/index.html
It *almost* worked as intended.
I did get all the text of the site.
1. I also got the text of <http://some_where_else.com/pagex.html>
2. Where <http://example.com/index.html> referenced
<http://example.com/pageN.html> there were still references to
the original site rather than a relative link within owl.html .
Can wget actually do what I want?
If so how?