Web lists-archives.com

Fwd: Re: Unknown URL

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Unknown URL
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:31:08 -0500
From: Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 02/22/2018 10:10 AM, Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:04:30AM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
>> The only reason I have it
>> is so that my wife can browse.  Here is my sources.list:
> Check the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d . It's definitely there.
> Just for the fun of it, invoke "dpkg -S" on the problematic file.
>> I definitely want the other two problems to be solved.
>>   I have some computational chemistry software that needs i386 libraries.
> One thing at a time. First, purge the faulty Opera repo.
> Then run "apt-get update". I'm interested in the new output.
> Next provide the output of "dpkg --print-foreign-architectures", please.
>> Your help is really appreciated.
> You're welcome. It's been a boring week, I could use some fun.
> Reco

I had already removed Opera from /etc/apt/sources.list.d

/etc/apt/sources.list.dis empty.

root@AbNormal:/home/comp# apt-get update
Ign:1 http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian stretch InRelease
Hit:3 http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian stretch Release
Get:2 http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian stretch-updates InRelease [91.0 kB]
0% [Connecting to prod.debian.map.fastly.net (2a04:4e42:b::204)]

root@AbNormal:/home/comp# dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

Always glad to be able to help remove boredom!  Other than my comp chem
calculations, I find boredom to very boring.

To add to my conclusion, I just i stalled Google Earth, 32 bit, with gdebi
(as root) and it installed all of the required 32 bit libraries!  Might this be a clue?
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
(614)312-7528 (c)
Skype: smolnar1