Web lists-archives.com

Re: 4 printer limit to cups printers is a debian limit, why?

On 2018-02-12, Gene Heskett <gheskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do adequately describe the various jobs it can do, by selecting
> the "printer" to send this job to, would need at least 8, individual
> profiles setup in the cups menu's at localhost:631/printers.

Your problem description is inadequate (exactly what you do and what
happens or doesn't happen when you do it--error messages, etc).

Have you flushed your cache and cookies in whatever browser you use to
perform cups administration? Have you tried creating a printer instance
from the command line? Have you stopped and restarted the cups daemon
while simultaneously throwing a prayer up (or down to the devil is in
the details)?

Do you have 500+ print jobs pending (I have read there is or was a
default max jobs limit set at 500)?

--
I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke
into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen