Web lists-archives.com

Re: Strange Loss of Synaptic Functionality

On 2018-02-10, Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> For some reason synaptic didn't like Debian security entries, but
>> worked when they were commented out.  However, I am not happy about not
>> being able to receive security updates.  Are those entries correct?
>>

> I think the answer to that is no. On Stretch here I have
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrin non-free
>
> ie no /debian-security

The wiki says yes, debian-security.

https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList

(with the contrib and non-free components)

 deb  http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib non-free
 deb-src  http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib non-free

 deb  http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates main contrib non-free
 deb-src  http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates main contrib non-free

 deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free
 deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free

--
I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke
into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen