i3 wm sound volume and brightness
- Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 14:20:17 -0500
- From: Robert Ford <debusern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: i3 wm sound volume and brightness
- How to bind hot key so that there would have volume sound display on screen?
- How to bind hot key so that brightness would also display on screen?
My i3 config for sound volume and brightness is https://paste.debian.net/1009555
The problem is configuration for sound works but there is no display. And for brightness, xbacklight -inc N or xbacklight -dec N returns message
No outputs have backlight property
I read that's because xbacklight can't find the corresponded backlight in /sys/class. I am aware that changing the value at /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight works, but I am looking for somewhat more portable way.