okular evince xpdf rendering white (or pale) pages
- Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 10:41:54 -0300
- From: Hernan G Solari <hgsolari@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: okular evince xpdf rendering white (or pale) pages
Hellothings where working well in "old-stable" kernel Linux 3.16.0-5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.51-3+deb8u1 (2018-01-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux
but now (after upgrade of ??) some pdf files show white pages when viewed with:
okular, evince, xpdf or epdfviewExcept for the old ghostview, no pdf-viewer appears to work (I have tried others such as epdfview)
At first sight this is related to bugs #886733 and #886798 except thata. I have no problem with files or tex-script given in the bug-reports to reproduce the problem
b. "ldd /usr/bin/okular |grep poppler" returns nothing and the same can be said with evince.
xpdf is linked to libpoppler.so.46¿Which package could be the problem? I cannot fill a bug report if I do not identify the package.
Thanks Hernan xpdf version 3.03-17+b1 Okular 4:4.14.2-2 okular -v output Qt: 4.8.6 KDE Development Platform: 4.14.2 Okular: 0.20.2 Evince 3.14.1-2+deb8u2 -- "The best material model of a cat is another, or preferably the same, cat." (Norbert Wiener) "There is facts about dogs, and there is opinions about them. The dogs have the facts and the humans the opinions. If you want facts about a dog, always get them straight from the dog. If you want opinions, get them from humans" J Allen Boone. A Kinship with all Life. Hernán Gustavo Solari, solari@xxxxxxxxx, http://users.df.uba.ar/solari
Description: Adobe PDF document
- Prev by Date: Re: /lib/lsb/init-functions on LXC servers
- Next by Date: Re: okular evince xpdf rendering white (or pale) pages
- Previous by thread: /lib/lsb/init-functions on LXC servers
- Next by thread: Re: okular evince xpdf rendering white (or pale) pages