Re: ThinkSystem RAID 930-8i driver/module for Debian 9
- Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:15:31 -0500
- From: Dan Ritter <dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: ThinkSystem RAID 930-8i driver/module for Debian 9
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 06:49:34PM +0100, John Naggets wrote:
> I just got a new Lenovo ThinkSystem SR630 server and I am trying to
> install Debian 9.3 onto it. Unfortunately at the disk partitioning
> step it does not find any disks. It looks like Debian 9 does not have
> the kernel driver/module for its RAID card.
> The RAID card is a Lenovo ThinkSystem RAID 930-8i which basically is a
> re-branded LSI card. lspci shows the following output:
> LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID Tri-Mode SAS3508 (rev 01)
> Any ideas how I could get Debian 9 running on this server with this RAID card?
Older versions of that card have good support in the kernel under the
name megaraid_sas, so I would expect that you need a new kernel.
3. install on to another disk, then compile a new kernel
4. build your own installer with a new kernel
It's not clear to me that it is in the kernel before the very