testing running lxde cannot diplay desktop icon images
- Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 11:35:50 -0500
- From: Harry Putnam <reader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: testing running lxde cannot diplay desktop icon images
Setup Testing running as guest in vbox vm on a Solaris (openindiana) host. This OS has been in operation since before the release of stretch ... It sees little use and has exibited very few problems. I run the lxde desktop. The problem I am seeing is that the desktop starts but only diplays a small white box with a red X in it, where-ever there should be an item in the bottom panel. Like the main menu item or the iceweasel item. those and several other `normal' lxde items that reside in the bottom panel all show a small white box with red x. Something one sees when an icons image file is missing or not viewable for some reason. A right click on the Main Menu icon shows where the image file should be: /usr/share/lxde/images/xde-icon.png So to dispaly the permissions we'll show just directory and then the file: ls -ld /usr/share/lxde/images I've attached a small screen shot showing what I'm describing. I cut it down to just the bottom of the screen, but in full width.
Description: screen-shot of debian testing running lxde
- Prev by Date: testing running lxde cannot diplay desktop icon images
- Next by Date: Re: kernel 4.14.15 compilation using GCC 8 in unstable.......
- Previous by thread: testing running lxde cannot diplay desktop icon images
- Next by thread: getting the right and complete firmware