Web lists-archives.com

Re: iwlwifi and symbols table

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018, Rodary Jacques wrote:

> Hi
> I just upgraded to Stretch. At boot I get a warning: " No
> symbols table" (actually it is in French: "pas de table des
> symboles"). Nevertheless everything works, except my
> access point: "modprobe iwlwifi.ko" can't find this
> module  in the kernel directory, but this module is there.
> I remember there was a problem with this module in
> Jessie, but I can't remember the solution. Please help.

modprobe doesn't use the extension, I think you can still do that with
insmod, but modprobe uses a symbol list created by depmod.
There are pretty good man pages for these tools, but I'd guess your issue
is probably firmware, there's a good wiki about the iwlwif did you check

 # modprobe iwlwifi.ko
modprobe: FATAL: Module iwlwifi.ko not found in directory

Good Luck!