Web lists-archives.com

Re: Unable to get the temp for one disk in Stretch

Hi, Darac.

On 08/01/18 06:33, Darac Marjal wrote:

>> I recently updated my firewall from Jessie to Stretch and I realized
>> that the check_lm_sensors plugin was apparently not working because it
>> was not possible to get the temperature of one of the disks:
>> # /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_lm_sensors --list
>> LM_SENSORS UNKNOWN - Error while executing /usr/sbin/hddtemp -n /dev/sdb
>> These are two disks which form several MD arrays.
>> # /usr/sbin/hddtemp -n /dev/sda
>> 44
>> # /usr/sbin/hddtemp -n /dev/sdb
>> WARNING: Drive /dev/sdb doesn't seem to have a temperature sensor.
>> WARNING: This doesn't mean it hasn't got one.
>> WARNING: If you are sure it has one, please contact me
>> (hddtemp@xxxxxxxx).
>> WARNING: See --help, --debug and --drivebase options.
>> /dev/sdb: WDC WD5000AAKX-60U6AA0:  no sensor

> It *might* be that the drive database doesn't recognise the drive (it'd
> be odd for the database to forget about a drive, but accidents happen).
> Try running "sudo /usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb" and check again.

Thanks for your reply and your time.

It seems that this file is not available:

root@alderamin:~# /usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb
bash: /usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb: No existe el fichero o el directorio

I looked for it in another path but I did not find it.

The strange thing is the man page does exist.

Can someone with Stretch please confirm?

Kind regards,