Re: Kernel problem?
- Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:29:19 +0300
- From: Anton Gorlov <stalker@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Kernel problem?
- x86/mm: Add the 'nopcid' boot option to turn off PCID
- kaiser: add "nokaiser" boot option, using ALTERNATIVE
In debian kernel no option *pti*
08.01.2018 07:14, Rob Hurle пишет:
Thanks to everyone who provided help with this failure of the
4.9.0-5-686-pae kernel. I have tried both "nopti" and "pti=off" kernel
parameters to see if it is the fix for "Meltdown" which is causing the
problem, but neither parameter changes anything. Since the system
doesn't even get to the kernel fsck stage, I don't have any logs to be
able to either report a bug or analyse the problem. I also realise now
that auto-update is turned on by default in Stretch, so that is how the
new kernel became installed. I have temporarily turned auto-update off
because I don't want any automatic update to clobber my only working
kernel - the 4.9.0-4-686-pae. The updating system only seems to keep 2
generations of kernel?
Any further ideas would be very welcome.