Web lists-archives.com

Re: Machine freezes and crashes with the message "soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!"

Alex ARNAUD wrote:

> Her configuration is that one:
> - Debian Jessie 8.10
> - Kernel : Linux colossus 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.51-3
> (2017-12-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux
> - Kernel package: linux-image-amd64 version "3.16+63"
> - Xorg version: 1.16.4
> - Package version of xserver-xorg-core: 2:1.16.4-1+deb8u2
> - Package version of firmware-amd-graphics: 20161130-3~bpo8+1
> - The graphic card named obtained from lscpi tells "VGA compatible
> controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
> [AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]"
> The output of lspci could be get here:
> The issue appears more frequently recently, I suspect a graphic card
> issue due to the stack trace obtained from syslog but I can't understand
> how can I determine exactly where the issue comes from and how I could
> resolve it. I've Googling a lot without find any information that could
> help me.
> Any thoughts?

it looks like a problem in kernel and kernel driver - IMO Xorg server has
nothing to do with it.
you could try recent kernel either build yourself or install from backports.

2013    https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2806841/
2017    https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10131889/

looks like DRM/radeon is changing or they are looking for solutions to
issues there

I googled on ttm_bo_vm_fault