Web lists-archives.com

Is there any software where I can find free software suggestions classified by category and by user rating in Debian?

Hi,

This is the first time I use Debian lists. I hope I open this thread in the right place. Otherwise let me know ;)

I has been using Linux Mint for a couple of months and decided to give a first try to debian because of multiple reasons. The case is that I miss in Debian some kind of software center like Linux Mint or Ubuntu have.

Here is an example of what I miss. Lets say I want a video editor but I don't know any. I would like to have some software where I can find free software suggestions classified by category and by user rating.

I know there is Synaptic but I miss user rating and it shows too many packages even after a category is selected.

Is there such a program in Debian? Thanks

-
Un saludo,
Pablo Castillo.