Web lists-archives.com

Re: p laptop with stretch/xfce: screen blanks but won't "wake up"

FWIW, I have buster/xfce on a laptop and have the same problem. Backlight is fine. I thought about the external monitor trick, too, but I haven't tried it yet.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 9:15 AM dekks herton <dekkzz78@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/24, Jaime T wrote:
>Hi all.
>I'm running stable (stretch)/xfce on an hp/compaq nx6110 laptop, and
>when the screen blanks, I can't get it to wake up again (nothing
>appears on the screen when I press the keys on the keyboard and move
>the mouse).
>The closest debian bug report that I've seen is:
>although these other (non-debian) bug reports seem closer:
>The laptop is currently sitting there, powered on with a blank screen,
>but I have a load of unsaved work on the desktop. I can ssh into it
>and run commands on it. Does anyone know if there's anything that I
>can do to wake the screen up so that I can save my work?
>Thank you, Jaime

Borrow an external monitor to save work?

Are you sure the backlight hasn't died?

Thinkpad T60p 2.33Ghz 2GB SXGA+

Jabber IM: dekkzz76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx