Web lists-archives.com

Re: cups config for Brother HL-L2340DW

On 23/11/17 22:37, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
Mine works fine with these CUPS settings on my WLAN:
Name: Brother_MFC-L2740DW
Driver: Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlcolor (recommended)
After configuration, the CUPS page reads:
Location: Driver:    Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlcolor (recommended) (color, 2-sided printing)
Defaults:    job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=two-sided-long-edge
  I don't see any way to configure these settings, either with
  system-config-printer or http://localhost:631/admin/

I use <http://localhost:631/admin/>. I see an "Add Printer" and a "Manage Printers" button. I can click "Manage Printers" and select the printer. I can select "Administration" / "Modify Printer" in the dropdown menu, and am prompted for my local username and password. The Defaults settings above were added automatically when I added the printer; I included them for completeness.

Are you in the cups group?

  Can you tell me how you do that, and what do you mean by "CUPS page"?

The printer information page. In my case:

Kind regards,

Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
New Zealand