Web lists-archives.com

hp laptop with stretch/xfce: screen blanks but won't "wake up"

Hi all.

I'm running stable (stretch)/xfce on an hp/compaq nx6110 laptop, and
when the screen blanks, I can't get it to wake up again (nothing
appears on the screen when I press the keys on the keyboard and move
the mouse).

The closest debian bug report that I've seen is:

although these other (non-debian) bug reports seem closer:

The laptop is currently sitting there, powered on with a blank screen,
but I have a load of unsaved work on the desktop. I can ssh into it
and run commands on it. Does anyone know if there's anything that I
can do to wake the screen up so that I can save my work?

Thank you, Jaime