Web lists-archives.com

Re: cups config for Brother HL-L2340DW

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:

Mine works fine with these CUPS settings on my WLAN:
Name: Brother_MFC-L2740DW
Driver: Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlcolor (recommended)

After configuration, the CUPS page reads:

Location: Driver: Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlcolor (recommended) (color, 2-sided printing)
Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=two-sided-long-edge

 I don't see any way to configure these settings, either with
 system-config-printer or http://localhost:631/admin/
 Can you tell me how you do that, and what do you mean by "CUPS page"?

 With my present config, the only problem is that the printer always
 asks for "manual feed", although the input is set everywhere as "Tray1"

best regards,
Pierre Frenkiel