Web lists-archives.com

How to automagically rewrite udev rules files

I was trying to get rid of a crap load of the boot errors that were being generated on my system after I installed a new motherboard on a multi-OS boot computer with 3 Debian installations on separate drives with one other drive with Windows 10  for a total of 4 drives. Windows and 2 of the Debian drives boot OK even with all the errors, one does not boot so that is another issue that will likely require a clean install.  I decided to follow some web instructions and remove the  file  "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules  " , It was supposed to be automagically regenerated after I reboot the machine. That does not work. Anyone know the way to get this to work. I have tried several commandline techniques using;

sudo udevadm trigger
sudo udevadm trigger --action="">
udevadm control --reload-rules && udevadm trigger
None of these worked. No file was generated.
Any tips at all are appreciated.