Web lists-archives.com

Re: New Motherboard installation question

On 16.11.2017 21:57, J.W. Foster wrote:
I installed a new motherboard on a system that I run as as a server. Same system has 3 1tb disks with Debian stable installed, and 1 with Windows 10 installed, all booting at my discretion from grub. I was able to get all of the drives to operate, and Im using one for this. However I have noticed a crap load of boot error messages when I watch the system boot on anything except Windows, as it does not display any boot messages. As I said it's working but those error messages were not there before I replaced the motherboard, which was in fact defective. Both the old board and the new one are ASUS. I figure that I need to do some type of Linux maintenance reset, but as I have never done a replacement without doing a complete reinstall of all the software, I have no idea what to do. Any tips are welcome, and no I have not researched this online. I'm just seeking info from folks that have done this before.
Can you show us what error messages exactly look like? It will be a good start.
Use this command to get system logs:
    $ sudo journalctl -b

Also, post full specs of your computer.

It is probably a good idea to check ASUS support site for a BIOS update for your motherboard, as recent hardware is likely to be rushed to the market asap and patched later.

With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org