RE: gnome 3 vnc
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:14:01 +0200
- From: Zoltán Herman <zoltanhbz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: gnome 3 vnc
x11vnc does work to let me connect to my running session, but it crashes a lot.
Is it possible to launch a gnome-session from tiger vnc server, as a second gnome session running on the same machine?
Yes. Package you need is "x11vnc". Be sure to connect to it using ssh tunnel with private\public keys for security.
Good guide: http://www.karlrunge.com/
On 27.09.2017 08:49, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:Is there a way to launch a gnome 3 session in VNC while I'm still loggedin on my console at home?I have an HTPC that I want to leave logged in all the time, but I want tobe able to access it remotely. I'd like to use gnome 3 in both places. Butif a gnome-session already exists, I can't find a way to launch a secondone; it just crashes.Debian 9.1 Stretch 64-bitThanks.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT - Where to Contribute Documentation?
- Next by Date: Re: disk partitioners vs disk with 2048 byte phusical sectors
- Previous by thread: RE: gnome 3 vnc
- Next by thread: disk partitioners vs disk with 2048 byte phusical sectors