Re: Cannot switch to Chinese Input Method with fcitx after upgrading to Debian Buster
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 02:00:01 +0000
- From: 慕 冬亮 <mudongliangabcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Cannot switch to Chinese Input Method with fcitx after upgrading to Debian Buster
On 09/07/2017 02:01 PM, 慕 冬亮 wrote:
I google this problem and find some interesting answers in the archlinux bbs.Hi all, Yesterday I upgraded my Debian Stretch to Debian Buster. Something unexpected happens. I cannot switch to fcitx-googlepinyin/sunpinyin with fcitx. In Debian Stretch, if I click "Ctrl+Space", it will change to fcitx-googlepinyin. And then I can type Chinese. However, in buster, when I click "Ctrl+Space", there is no other input method shown. Only English could be typed.
Because Debian changes the backend of Gnome Shell from X.org to Wayland, Wayland does not directly support fcitx(details in https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=218409) due to profile problem.
The solution is easy :
Just add the following lines into `/etc/profile`. Don't use `~/.bashrc`. It is not working in my system.
I run "fcitx-diagnose", but cannot understand the result. Is there anyone who encounters the same problem with me? Do you have any solution?
-- My best regards to you. No System Is Safe! Dongliang Mu
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Hurricane
- Next by Date: Command to track real-time output of mounted devices?
- Previous by thread: Cannot switch to Chinese Input Method with fcitx after upgrading to Debian Buster
- Next by thread: Workable installation of VTK and GWT