unable to determine which package my bug report should be filed against - please advise.
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 16:51:25 -0400
- From: DM <skyguide.base@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: unable to determine which package my bug report should be filed against - please advise.
Hello Debian support team. I am a happy Dabian 9 user. I would like to report an issue I am experiencing. In the past I used a package 'reportbug' to report bugs, but by design, I have to identify what package the issue is related to.
I am not sure exactly what may be the cause of the issue, and I am reaching out to you for help to identify what part of Debain might be causing this issue.
The issue: I am using a second monitor (external monitor connected via a displayport - LG 29UM57-P). External monitor connected to my laptop - Lenovo T420.
External monitor does not display video at the desired resolution and the aspect ratio.
Displayed resolution - 1920 x 1080
Displayed aspect ratio - 16:9
Expected resolution - 2560 x 1080
Expected ratio - 21:9
This same exact issue exist on my other machine Lenovo X230 with external monitor of exact same model.
Previous version of Debian 8 (jessie) worked with out any issue with the monitor at the correct and expected resolution and the aspect ratio.
After installing a fresh version of Debian 9 (Stretch), I am unable to use the external monitor at its maximum resolution. Debian 9 (Stretch) was a full installation from scratch (not an upgrade).
All cables has been tested, and hardware issues has been ruled out.
I am not sure if I should be filing a bug report identifying Gnome3, or X11 as a cause of the issue or some other part of the OS.
Could you please advise.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Re: Suitable text ed
- Next by Date: Attendees List of International Elastomer Conference - International Rubber Expo 2017
- Previous by thread: rsnapshot
- Next by thread: Re: unable to determine which package my bug report should be filed against - please advise.