Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Multiarch] armhf on arm64 is not working

On 08/29/2017 05:19 PM, Christian Seiler wrote:
Hi,

Am 29. August 2017 17:04:29 MESZ schrieb Adam Cecile <adam.cecile@xxxxxxxx>:
I was not aware of this optional 32 bit compatibility. That kinda
sucks.
Yeah, especially since you had the misfortune of getting the one chip that is sold that doesn't support it.

Actually, I'm already using qemu with cowbuilder (I mean, a lot) but my
biggest problem is not the slowness but the broken thread
implementation.
Yeah, that is a problem indeed. And one that will take a long time to fix, because threading is already hard enough when you don't need to juggle hardware architectures with different memory coherency models...

If you have any hint about online cheap arm server, let me know...
Does it have to be a server? The raspberry pi 3 has an ARMv8 chip with 32bit compat mode. Granted, it's not the fastest, doesn't have that much RAM, and if you boot it in 64bit mode some peripherals don't work yet, but for a pure compile/build box...? Especially if you're kind of OK with the speed of qemu?

Regards,
Christian
Could be an alternative indeed, but what about the speed compared to my quad-core i5 with qemu ?